Friday, July 23, 2010

The thing is...

I have started adopting catch phrases from one of my campers who is on the autism spectrum. As I was talking with mom last night I became aware that I was using the into "That's the problem" to start of the majority of my sentences. When I finally caught myself, I realized that I had adopted his speech patterns. In my defense, I spent a good chunk of my day on Wednesday luring him out of the boys bathroom, so we spend a lot of time together. He likes to use the phrases;"The thing is", "That's the problem" and "Come on". I have started using the first two like they are going out of style. You know what else I realized about this kid, I really like him, and I will miss him come Wednesday when our two weekers leave.
I cannot believe that there are only two more Friday posts before I head off to India, kind of poopin in my pants right now. One of the Israeli staff told me that lots of Israeli's go to India after their mandatory two year army service, so at least I will have friends?
I have been experiencing a slump this last week, feeling physically, emotionally and mentally spent. The administrators are getting a crash course in parenting, all of the complaints, and none of the gratitude. I have never felt so responsible for the safety and well being of others in my entire life. Made me reconsider the whole having kids thing, until I hear Zoe's voice on the other end of the phone chatting about hide and seek, and cooking with Grandma.
I taught Yoga today, and since Maria put the fear of God into her AU kids before they came, it was a really great relaxing experience. I can't wait until I am able to Yoga on a regular basis, it helps to calm my crazy. I am really trying to focus on beauty like my mom says, and to remember that in the end, I will be ok, I just need to stop counting down the days with check marks on my wall like a convict.

1 comments:

sara2delta said...

i too wish i could be experiencing more of my yoga practice that i so dearly love. some day i will have the time again. im SO jealous youre going to india. sure do love that zeebees. there's a reason the buddhists preach living in the present isnt there??? wish i could do more of it.

Post a Comment