Monday, July 19, 2010

Ambiguous

I cannot believe that one year ago today, I was in Hawaii. I had no idea what I would be doing this summer, and never could have imagined that I would be working at a summer camp in Southern Indiana. I am in a similar position for next summer, but at least last year, I could narrow down the state that I would be living in. While three weeks looks like both the blink of an eye and an eternity from where I sit right now, from either angle, I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that I will be half-way around the world on August 11th.
Today was Israel day, and so our schedule was very different from our normal routine. I always feel out of place when we change things up, and when kids are wrapped up in Israel Day or Color Wars, they don't have as much time to think about being homesick, so I am usually less busy. I can't decide if being less busy this session is good or bad. There is a lot of ambiguity in this post.
Seth and I went to Cincinnati for our one year anniversary and stayed downtown at the Westin. It was so nice to be in a metropolis. The country is nice, but nothing suites my laziness and greed like the city. We saw Inception in a big Utah-Esq googoo-plex, and ate fatty delicious Italian for dinner. It is so nice to be able to spend time with your significant other, If only we could see each other everyday..... I am sure I will eat those words come November, when Seth is the only person I have talked to face to face in two months. I have more pictures from the last few weeks, but it is such a process to get them on here, so it will probably be late July before I can give any visual representation of what I have been doing, for now, you will have to live with my poorly constructed sentences and and terrible grammar.

1 comments:

C and C said...

Marni, I miss you. You make me laugh at a time when I couldn't be more stressed. Thanks.

Post a Comment