Friday, July 9, 2010

Session One Comes to a Close

I was feeling really great this afternoon, and didn't know what to attribute it to, until I realized that I had only been drinking mini cokes a few times a week, and today I drank a full 12 oz can. Wonderful.
In other soda related news, there is a soda out here called Ale 8, which I had never heard of until I came to camp. It is essentially mild ginger ale with caffeine. Kellie, you would love it. There are very few things Indiana has that I wish were out west, and Ale 8, you made the list. That brings it up to three things
1) Panera Bread
2) The lush foliage during the summer months
3) Ale 8
I am trying to focus my energy on the above list, so that I don't slip into Cafe Rio cravings.
Tonight is our last Shabbat with the first session campers. What a wild ride it's been. There is a part of me that feels that it went by quickly, and I wish I had more time to get to know more kids, and another part of me that is ready for a new batch with a whole new set of emotional problems. My day in Cincinnati was loads of fun. We didn't get to dinner until late due to ATM problems, but it was worth it. There was an Asian place near Edana's apartment called Aspara. I didn't realize that I hadn't really had anything spicy since camp started. Delicious tofu spicy noodles, I won't soon forget you. We walked around an area called Mt. Adams on the fourth, it was pretty dead due to the holiday, but the neighborhood was adorable, and in spots reminded me of San Francisco. We had a late lunch/early dinner at a pub that we lovingly refer to as the $4 big beer place, because that is what we were most excited about. I have pictures that I will post next weekend when Seth and I celebrate our first year of marriage, although technically, it is more like 4 months if you count actual time spent together this last year. I can't believe it was a year ago that I was a week away from the wedding. I need to go prep for Shabbat dinner.
Shabbat Shalom.

2 comments:

Aames said...

I agree with you on 1 and 2. I have seen Ale 8 but I didn't know what it was, I'll have to try it. There are a few other Eastern things that I prefer and try to focus on. But Cafe Rio has been a tough loss.

Kellie/Joe said...

I'll have to wait on that caffeinated ginger ale. I puked so much of it, I can't stand to think of it.

I don't know how I could survive without some half-decent Mexican. You, my dear, are a trooper.

Post a Comment