Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gettin' here

I arrived safely in Chennai on Wednesday August 11th at 4:30 am. The trip was realitvly smooth, except for the fact that I wanted to puke my guts out the entire 9 hours from London to Chennai. I met up with two other volunteers on the flight, and we cleared customs and gathered out luggage together. I told them that they were more than welcome to go in on my hired car from the hotel, so we left the airport in search of the ever luxurious sign with "Brunstetter" on it. I felt pretty important. Until we walked outside and were met by throngs of people, flanking either side of the walk way, and no "Brunstetter" sign in sight. Ryan, one of the other volunteers bartered with a driver to get us a cab to the airport, and away we went. I had to mentally detach myself on that car ride, or surely I would have had a panic attack and died, the drivers here are MAD, but after a few minutes, you realize that there is a method to their madness, and we probably look just as crazy to them with our obeying of lane lines, usage of turn signals, and lack of livestock wandering the streets of major cities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment