Saturday, August 14, 2010

Malalappurum

The entire city coated itself onto my sweaty face, as evidenced by the gray brown steaks of filth on my churidar (India top). This is proof of a day well spent. Today we went to Malalappurum, it is a beach town about two hours south of us, it is more of a tourist trap than any other town I have visited here, and we spent the day visiting ancient temples and bartering for goods. I had a couple of churidars tailored and took about a million pictures. The restaurant where we ate lunch was so delicious and my lunch of coconut vegetable curry and Pepsi was the equivalent of about $2.50. I got some sweet gifts for many of you out there, so look forward to Christmas, because I am planning on killing two birds with one gift. My favorite parts of the trip by far though are the bus rides, I cannot take my eyes off the window, this country fascinates me, it is another world over here quite literally. Last night was a little rough as I had heart burn like I have never experienced in my life, and for those of you who know my gastrointestinal system, you know that I am no stranger to reflux. I couldn't sleep, and even after a Pepcid and 5 hours of hypnotic induced sleep, I still had a belly of fire. One of my roommates looked up how to naturally cure heart burn, the internet's suggestions:
Avoid spicy and exotic foods.
Not happening, so I have just resigned myself to the fact that I will feel like my stomach and esophagus are eroding for the next two weeks, if you could taste the curry, you wouldn't judge. The temples are beautiful and unbelievable, carved into stone and sitting right on the beaches. I will post pictures tomorrow, but for now, I need to colapse. Nalliravu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment