Friday, June 11, 2010

Staff Week

Ahhh! It feels as though I have been at camp for an entire summer already. I am not saying time is dragging, it is just that our days are filled from 8 am to 12am or so. This is a schedule that, as evidenced by my previous posts, I am not used to. Last week our internet was down, quite literally the sattelite dish fell over, and so I had no cell service, and no internet. This would not be a problem except that I told everyone to email me if they needed to get a hold of me and I could call them back from the land line at camp. No dice. Obviously internet has been restored, but now I can't access my gmail account from my laptop. Which leaves me filled with a rage that I cannot express with words.
I have been feeling pretty homesick the last couple days, which is hard because the international staff have been in the same boat, so as I talk to them and try to focus on the postives, and make sure they feel supported so that they will stay, I am secretly thinking, "That is a good idea, we should go to the airport together. "I am hoping that this is just a temporary phase, and 16 year old Marni would kill me for saying this, but I really miss Utah. I know that this is going to be a great experience for me, and that I could never learn the things I am going to learn, or meet the people I have met and will meet here if I never left, but I am starting to feel the sting of being away from the people I love most in this world. Not to mention the Mexican food.
The address for the camp is
Camp Livingston4998 Nell Lee Road Bennington, Indiana 47011
(In case the above paragraph inspired enough sympathy from you to motivate you to send me a letter, or a present......)
I actually have some pictures to post, and Seth will be out here this weekend, so he can take them back to Bloomington and upload them there, and then I can type up a narrative. This is a process that is 3 steps longer than should be necessary, but it appears that it will just have to make due for the summer. Well reader, I am off to prepare for another Shabbat. Erev Tov.
(Did I get that one right, hebrew scholars?)

2 comments:

Aames said...

Aw. Marn-Marn. I miss the people of Utah and the Mexican food as well. Though I am happy to be experiencing a new place. You got my sympathy... I'll send you something. Probably the next toy I find in Gavin's cereal.

sara2delta said...

marni i think homesickness is expected! my small sutdy abroad experience is mothing compared to what youre doing, but it was one of the best experiences of my life and i still felt terribly homesick while i was gone! it will get better and youre doing something FABULOUS that im jealous of!

Post a Comment