Sunday, October 3, 2010

If you come to San Francisco Summertime will be a love-in there




Ahh San Francisco, being in a real city made me realize how much I want to be back in an urban environment. Just the novelty of sidewalks and shops with in walking distance was enough for me. I arrived in the morning and like a big girl, took the BART all by myself to my cousins office downtown. While riding a hobo serenaded me with "Easy like Sunday Morning". Another quality lacking from the country, the singing hobo. We get more of the stabbin' variety out here. At any rate, I was feeling so proud that I made it with Julia's directions, without getting lost or mugged, until I went back to the train to take a short jaunt two stops back so that I could walk around the mission area until Julia took off from work for the day. Then I made the fatal mistake of jumping on the Filmore train, which did not stop in the city, in fact it did not stop until we reached West Oakland. I managed to get back on a city train that took me to the mission and spent a good three hours walking the streets, sitting in the very hip Dolores Park, and buying delicious pastries from Tartine. I stayed outside the city with my aunt and uncle in Mill Valley, and spent the rest of the weekend eating, drinking wine and visiting with all of my aunts and uncles plus a few of my cousins and more than a few of their kids. Elizabeth and James are an adorable couple and their party was a perfect day filled with more food, wine and friendly bat gamin/volleyball tournaments.
One of my favorite parts of the weekend though, was getting to see everyone in Salt Lake on my way out, it is so strange to think that I have been gone for over four months. I have become an expert party planner of the pity variety when I think of all that I have/will miss out on. But I know that my connections to friends and family are greater than any distance that is put between us. I keep reminding myself that I have made friends in the past and am therefore somewhat likeable, so I should be able to connect with someone in the future, but then I also remember the many enemies that I have accumulated over the years...

2 comments:

satomblablabla said...

hehehe… singing hobo. yes, frisco is a great place. this post made me miss it. can't wait to go back and experience the awesome weather and great food spots.

sara2delta said...

plus look at all youve done and accomplished while you've been away. your blog makes me feel so unaccomplished and long for a life away for a while!

Post a Comment