Friday, May 28, 2010

Bloomington Continued

Well, the AC must be working because the sweating has stopped, at least temporarily. We have been in Bloomington a little over a week, and already the concensus from Seth and I (along with every person that finds out where we live) is that Bloomington is better than Lafayette. The downtown area is pretty cute, albeit small, and the IU (Indiana University) campus is quite pretty, There was more thought into the aesthetics of this town, rather than just throwing a Chili's or Red Lobster wherever there was zoning for it.
Last weekend Seth and I saw Macgruber. Don't judge me, there is nothing else to do, it is either watch a movie in our 90+ degree apartment, or pay $9.25 a pop so that we can sit in an air conditioned theater. We chose the latter. Such are the choices you are forced to make when you live in a town where you don't know a single soul (The movie by the way, was not worth seeing). On Saturday we visited a winery just outside of town, and while it was no Sonoma, it was pretty cute. They try to get as many of their grapes as they can from inside the state, and they make and bottle the wine on site. We did a tasting, and of course walked away with a bottle or four, which would have made for a fun evening, if the apartment we are staying in had a bottle opener. I guess you just need a hand to open cheap bottles of vodka. We had dinner downtown, and came home to our sweat lodge. On Sunday we had brunch at a restaurant that I chose based solely on the fact that their champagne cocktails are 1/2 price for brunch. This turned out to be a wise choice, as their french toast was possibly the best I have ever had, thanks to the secret layer of cream-cheese mixed with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Then we had to drive up to Lafayette to gather some items that were inevitably forgotten.
Seth is still enjoying his internship, and it is fulfilling all of his nerdy dreams. He is in hog heaven talking about and working with protons all day, and I am in utter confusion when I pick him up from work and he tells me what he did that day. So far I understand protons=good, cancer=bad.
Next week I am off to camp, and am unsure about when I can post next, which is why you got a two-fer this week. And now, pictures of the weekend!









2 comments:

Kellie/Joe said...

I have a similar problem with Joe talking about his work. All I can figure is that he makes proteins that fight viruses, so I draw the conclusion that massive quantities of beef will cure herpes. That's what a BS in biology will get you.

Love the picture of Maeby.

sara2delta said...

have i ever told you how effing funny i think you are????

i will miss your postings while youre away. but your excursion sounds fabulous and someday i hope i can do something like it. post any time you can!! these keep me cracking up during my oh-so-boring work days!

Post a Comment