Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This New Year I resolve to become an adult.

I actually have a resolution this year, and it's a good one. I am going on a clothes diet. No clothes shopping for one year. In an effort to save money and the world, I am giving up on my favorite past time, spending what I don't have to buy more gray and black sweaters. This is also a great excuse to not resolve to loose any weight this year.
We have been in Salt Lake for the last two weeks, celebrating the holidays with our families and friends. It is so strange to be back, mostly because I know we will be hopping in the car upon our return to Indiana and making a b-line back to this very basement, but also in how I feel as though I never left. We spent Christmas morning with Dad and Sue, Chris, Candice, Zoe and Luc, having brunch and watching Zoe tear into presents. Oh, and holding baby Luc. And by holding I mean smothering. I had a hankerin' to hold that baby, and that is exactly what I did... for the next five hours. We spent the evening with Mom, making the fanciest of Christmas cocktails, and of course more food and baby holding. The rest of our time has been divided between Eric and Holly, and Kellie and her soon to be baby, who I will also smother. We spent New Year at Eric and Holly's with some of their friends, ringing in 2011 with plenty of Champagne, and a little self control, we are after all closer to 30 than 20. And Kellie and I are back to our old ritual of thrift store haggling and eating mexican.
Overall, it's been a great two weeks, here's hoping it is a foreshadow of the next five months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment